- Those interested in applying for an ICC scholarship to support a career in Classics or enhance the Classics experience of their students should follow the instructions here and fill out the form at the end of the document.
All professionals in the field of the Classics are encouraged to apply. Some examples of funded activities are (but are not limited to):
- Honorarium for a guest speaker (in the State of Indiana)
- Offset travel costs of an interview for a Classics position in the State of Indiana
- Offset travel costs for a member to speak at a scholarly conference
- Praxis exam (I or II)
- Acquisition of classroom materials and textbooks for a new instructor or an instructor starting a new Classics program
Applicants must be:
- a member of the Indiana Classical Conference
- willing to submit a report at the end of the project
- willing to create a small display of their project for the ICC Annual Meeting or willing to lead a workshop at IFLTA’s annual conference
Scholarships will be awarded based on the impact they will have on students and the effective use of funds. Awards range from 50 – 200 dollars. Two to four scholarships will be granted per calendar year. Awards need to be used within 6 months after notification (no ex post facto requests will be awarded). Previous winners may apply in the fourth year after their most recent award. Awardees will submit a report and small display of their project for the ICC Annual Spring Meeting or lead a workshop at IFLTA’s annual conference.